NFL.com

Brees not happy about not having a new deal


Saints QB Drew Brees Not Happy About Not Having a New Deal

It’s already been a tense offseason for the Saints, and things don’t appear to be getting much better between the team and franchise QB Drew Brees.

Brees spoke to WWL-AM in New Orleans and expressed frustration and disappointment with a lack of progress in talks toward a long-term contract.

“It’s extremely frustrating for me, but here we are,” Brees said. “I know I’m certainly committed to getting a long-term deal, as I have been throughout this entire process.”

The Saints put the “exclusive” franchise tag on the QB, which will keep him with the team, but at the same time will cost them $16.371 million in base salary.

Brees said he “didn’t want to think about” signing the franchise tender without a new contract.

“I chose to take a lot of risks in that as well, but I didn’t want anything to get in the way of us having a successful season as we possibly can,” Brees said. “I don’t regret that decision, but this is the first offseason I felt like we had a lot of time to get it hammered out.

“I would say, more than anything, I guess, what’s been a little frustrating on my end or disappointing is the lack of communication,” Brees said.

“I would just say there should be a sense of urgency and yet it seems like there’s not,” he added.

This article was written by Matt Loede and appeared in the NFL Gridiron Gab.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 5:06 p. m.. Filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for Brees not happy about not having a new deal

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery