NFL.com

PITTSBURGH STEELERS HEAD COACH MIKE TOMLIN - Ingles

Super Bowl XLV – Tuesday, February 1, 2011














(on the composition of the Steelers’ roster) “We believe in building through the draft. I don’t think that’s a big secret. Equally as important as that is we believe in paying our own players — those who are deserving — and simply adding to and supplementing that. That’s our business model. It’s worked for a long time prior to me getting here. I think it creates an atmosphere where guys care about one another. They care about the organization. They understand that it is bigger than them.”

(on how his experience in Minnesota helped him) “It was an awesome experience. First and foremost, coach (Brad) Childress gave me an opportunity to be a coordinator. Equally as important as that was those guys bought in up there. They did what I asked them to do. We didn’t have as much success as one would like, but there is great respect for what we were able to start up there, and a personality that still shows through how they play defensively.”

(on the Steelers’ culture when he became coach) “It’s not broken, so I wasn’t going to try to fix it. It’s sound, it’s time-tested and it’s proven. I didn’t have any deep or philosophical thoughts regarding it. I was more interested in what I needed to do to add to that legacy.”

(on whether he looks at his first Super Bowl ring he won as a head coach) “I don’t look at it too often. I’m always concerned about my next one. I have three kids and two rings, so I need another one.”

(on his veteran players) “These guys are pros. They care about one another. They have a strong desire to win. It’s been really good.

(on Cowboys Stadium) “This is unbelievable. This is a special place, and what a great place to be involved with a Super Bowl. This is Super Bowl-worthy, no doubt.”

Nota completa...

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 5:58 p. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for PITTSBURGH STEELERS HEAD COACH MIKE TOMLIN - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery