NFL.com

A.J. GREEN WR - CINCINNATI BENGALS - Ingles

A.J. GREEN

Q. A.J. how much are you looking forward to playing with a young nucleus of wide receivers?
A.J. GREEN: I'm looking forward to going in with some receivers, hopefully ‑‑ I'm just looking forward to getting back to work.

Q. A lot of people talked about you like a Calvin Johnson; do you think you can come in from day one and be that outstanding type of talent?
A.J. GREEN: Yeah, I can make that transition to the next level just because of the way I work. I'm not going to settle for anything less. I'm going to be great.

Q. It's exciting to be drafted. But do you wish could you have had the right to negotiate with all of the employers of the NFL and not just Cincinnati be your only employer?
A.J. GREEN: I was just ready to not sit there no more. I felt like Cincinnati was the best fit for me, anyway.

Q. What do you feel is the advantage that you immediately had against defensive backs, things like size, strength? What do you feel are the advantages that you have?
A.J. GREEN: I think it's both my speed, the way I come in and out of my breaks, my hands, the way I can attack the ball when it's in the air.

Q. It's going to be great to practice against Leon Hall.
A.J. GREEN: Yeah ‑‑ he went to South Carolina and I grew up watching him. Leon Hall I saw him working out at API. Those are great guys and they are going to challenge me.

Q. I'm going to draft you in fantasy football. Am I making a good move?
A.J. GREEN: Definitely. It's back to square one so I've got to prove myself.

Q. How many things do you know about the City of Cincinnati now?
A.J. GREEN: I know they have a great amusement park. That's about it.

Q. You're going to be in a conference with some really good quarterbacks and defenders, and the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens are in the division; what challenge do you see them throwing at you?
A.J. GREEN: Those teams are a great defensive teams and we have some great defensive backs, and I'm just ready to get back to work. I'm just going to try to make the best impact I can.

Q. You and Julio were taken in the top six; what does that say about this year's wide receiver class?
A.J. GREEN: It says a lot, because you don't really see two receivers going in the Top‑10. To make the next step from college to the NFL is unbelievable.

Q. Did you like accounting?
A.J. GREEN: It's hard. Trust me, it's one of the toughest things ‑‑ I had thoughts of changing but my parents are like, no, you've got stick to that.

Q. When you're done playing, you can become an agent.
A.J. GREEN: No, that's too much work.

Q. In this business do you find when the labor situation, do you find the background helps you understand what's going on?
A.J. GREEN: I hope so, to manage my money, so I don't really need many people managing my money. I can manage my money myself.

Q. Any receivers you'll model yourself after?
A.J. GREEN: I don't model my game off one receiver. I take different aspects of each receiver and try to apply it to my game.

Q. Do you have any inkling that the Bengals were looking hard at you?
A.J. GREEN: Just coming in, that's where everybody linked me to, and I felt a bond with Jay Gruden the way he lightened up the mood.

Q. Who made the call to your agent?
A.J. GREEN: It was Mike, the receivers’ coach.

Q. What about following in the great tradition of Cincinnati receivers? Offense has been the tradition in Cincinnati.
A.J. GREEN: Like I said I'm just going to go in there and work. I've got a lot of big shoes to fill but I'm up for the challenge.

Q. What about the rivalry against the Browns? Are you looking forward to that?
A.J. GREEN: It will be fun to play against one of my old teammates. I'm just ready to get on the road now.

Q. How intense and fun are those matches going to be between you and Mo?
A.J. GREEN: He's like my big brother. He took me under his wing when I was in the University of Georgia and I'm blessed to have him in my life just to teach me the ropes and show me around.

Q. Inaudible.
A.J. GREEN: Not yet. I'm going to have to get a couple big coats.

Q. They have a good Museum of Natural History in Cincinnati?
A.J. GREEN: Okay, I'll definitely have to look that up.

Q. Inaudible.
A.J. GREEN: The only thing I can control is get in camp and play football. I don't really look at the whole labor stuff.

Q. Have you talked to any of the Players Association people yet?
A.J. GREEN: Oh, no, not yet.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 11:40 a. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for A.J. GREEN WR - CINCINNATI BENGALS - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery