NFL.com

MARCELL DAREUS DT - BUFFALO BILLS - Ingles

MARCELL DAREUS

Q. Marcell, the Bills had a lot of trouble stopping the run last season; do you feel like that's the biggest thing that you can bring to them?
MARCELL DAREUS: Of course, I try to bring that among other things. I'm good on other things than stopping the run. I can help out in other places, too.

Q. When you were sitting back there behind the stage and waiting for this thing to play out, how much did you reflect on the journey that you had to take from the time you were small to get to this point?
MARCELL DAREUS: Every time my phone rang and rang and rang ‑‑ it was me, this is my turn. I can't explain the way I felt. I just want to play this game, man. Since I've been playing I never thought I would get to this point where I was sitting here in the first round, third pick overall, Buffalo Bills. It's overwhelming, I can't even explain it.

Q. What's it like to join a great tradition and community team?
MARCELL DAREUS: I feel like it's just like Tuscaloosa. The history, the fans, it's crazy ‑‑ I got off my plane to visit and fans were on the plane and they wanted autographs and pictures and that just showed the dedication of the fans then. I can't wait to get back and see them.

Q. Are you excited to add to the culture?
MARCELL DAREUS: Of course, I think I can bring something else to the team, a little spice. I don't know quite what it is, but I guess that's part of what I'm going to find out.

Q. The last couple of days down in Alabama, is everybody you know safe and okay from what you know?
MARCELL DAREUS: I really can't wait to get home and see my brothers and my sisters. The tragedy that happened in Tuscaloosa, there's a lot that we had to take in. Me, Mark and Julio, we sat back and talked about what can we do to help out. I know Coach and he would get us involved in the community and help out, so when me and Mark and Julio get settled, we are going to help out anyway we can.

Q. Where are you from?
MARCELL DAREUS: Birmingham, Alabama. They were hit it pretty hard. My brothers and sisters were shook up but nothing really happened to my family, I thank God for that.

Q. You're the highest pick the Bills have had since Bruce Smith. Obviously he became a great player and the expectation is you will become a great player. What are your thoughts about the expectations?
MARCELL DAREUS: I'm just happy they gave me a chance so I can show what I can do. A lot of people can talk about what they can't do or what they are going to do. I just can't wait to get there and show what I can do, and everybody will see, hey, he can be a great player; he's consistent and dedicated and he's a great player.

Q. Who would you compare yourself to?
MARCELL DAREUS: I really would put myself with Warren Sapp. He's disruptive. No one really likes to go against him.

Q. The Bills are in transition to a 3‑4 defense, where do you see yourself?
MARCELL DAREUS: I can play anywhere they want me to play, wherever they want me, I'm there. If I'm not the best there, I promise you, give me a couple of weeks there, and I will be.

Q. What about the rivalries in the AFC East, playing against the Dolphins and the Jets and the Patriots? That's going to be a major challenge for you.
MARCELL DAREUS: I don't see any challenge. I don't see any rivalry or nothing there. I'm not like that. I don't look at rivalry. My rivalry is just going out there and winning. It's all about L's and W's with me. I'm going to fight my butt off to get a W.

Q. Are you looking forward to the intensity of the Bills/Jets type of matchups?
MARCELL DAREUS: Of course. I can't wait to get in the atmosphere. That's what I want, the atmosphere.

Q. Are you going to take it easy on Ryan Fitzpatrick?
MARCELL DAREUS: Why? (Laughter) I'm not a big fan of quarterbacks. I think I've never had to throw so I always had the speed to get to them.

Q. Tell us what you know about Buffalo.
MARCELL DAREUS: I know the fan base is crazy. I just know based on what I do when I'm out there and the experience I have with just the fans ‑‑ I didn't think there was any other fans like Tuscaloosa fans, but Buffalo, they really made me feel at home. Forget the weather, cold weather always bothered me, but the fans, everybody, cold weather, not cold weather, we dealt with it and guys gave 110% and that's what I really want.

Q. What challenges do you feel you face in the NFL level against the offensive line?
MARCELL DAREUS: I just want to get there so I can get the experience, get around the veterans that really want to win and really want to win as badly as I do and really want to dedicate themselves to football and the Buffalo Bills like I do. And then I can learn a lot more from them and put a little spin on it and do my thing.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 11:38 a. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for MARCELL DAREUS DT - BUFFALO BILLS - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery