NFL.com

ALDON SMITH DE - SAN FRANCISCO - Ingles

ALDON SMITH

Q. How much are you looking forward to playing with Patrick Willis?
ALDON SMITH: It's going to be a blast, it's going to be a blast.

Q. Lawson, too.
ALDON SMITH: It's going to be good. It's going to be good.

Q. Are you happy to be joining the tradition of the 49ers?
ALDON SMITH: Most definitely. Most definitely.

Q. Have you talked with Jim Harbaugh?
ALDON SMITH: Yeah, he called me. That's the phone call I got.

Q. Are you excited for that energy?
ALDON SMITH: Oh, yeah, it will rub off on the players. I'll be energetic. I'll be excited.

Q. What about playing in a division with a lot of challenges?
ALDON SMITH: I'd better step up to the plate then.

Q. How does it feel to be in an emerging, solid defense and what do you think you bring to the table and can you make an immediate impact with the 49ers?
ALDON SMITH: It's definitely exciting to be part of something that's building and hopefully I want to be part of that and help keep it building. I bring another playmaker on the team besides Patrick Willis and Justin Smith and the other great players they have there. I hope to be a part of that.

Q. Can you talk about being with so many Pro Bowl players and how the program has really progressed?
ALDON SMITH: Missouri, the coaches are preparing us greatly for this level. The league that we play in, the Big 12, the competition that was so high, once we get to the NFL, we are ready for it and we are going to step up to the plate make things happen.

Q. What do you anticipate learning with the pro style offense?
ALDON SMITH: Speed changes, I was able to adapt from high school to college, and I'll be able to adapt from college to the pros.

Q. How much about shedding tackles, technique, how much more is technique going to be a challenge?
ALDON SMITH: Technique will definitely be something that's important because at this level, everybody is so good, you can't depend on your talent everything and have to depend on what the coaches teach you.

Q. How excited are you about going to the City of San Francisco ‑‑ you lucked out?
ALDON SMITH: I think I did, too. I'm excited.

Q. Have you been there before?
ALDON SMITH: For a visit. I was in Palo Alto and I had a good time there.

Q. Are you relieved to be done with the whole draft process?
ALDON SMITH: Yeah, now it's time to go back to work. Time to go back to playing.

Q. How high should your rating be in the Madden video game?
ALDON SMITH: I don't know how high my rating should be. Hopefully in the 90s. I don't know. It will be exciting.

Q. Do players really pay attention to that stuff?
ALDON SMITH: If I'm not 90, I'm going to edit my player and make it 90 (Laughter).

Q. What are you looking forward to the most about San Francisco?
ALDON SMITH: Playing football for the 49ers. Just being on that side, I've never been to California besides to visit San Francisco. The weather was good there. It's different from Missouri.

Q. What players did you idolize growing up or did you model yourself after?
ALDON SMITH: Jevon Kearse, Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews, everybody like that.

Q. What about some of the rivalries, the 49ers and Seahawks is starting to become pretty intense, and the 49ers and Cardinals. People talk about the NFC West like it's weak, but they are starting to become better rivalries out west?
ALDON SMITH: I'm definitely excited to be part of it and hopefully the 49ers will come out on top of those rivalries.

Q. Do you think you're going to help San Francisco make it to the Super Bowl?
ALDON SMITH: I sure hope so. I'm going to work hard to help them.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 11:43 a. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for ALDON SMITH DE - SAN FRANCISCO - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery