NFL.com

RYAN KERRIGAN DE -WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Ingles

RYAN KERRIGAN

Q. Did you think you were going to be playing in Washington?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I had an idea, and I really liked Washington in my pre‑Draft meetings. It's always surprising on Draft day and I'm really thankful for this opportunity.

Q. Are you looking forward to being a Redskin?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I can't wait. I'm really excited. I'm really excited to be part of the Redskins organization.

Q. Talk about playing in the Big Ten against great offensive linemen and how that will help you at the next level.
RYAN KERRIGAN: The Big Ten is known for being one of the more physical conferences around the country. Typically a pro style offense is in there so I had some good advance training heading into the NFL and I think that will certainly help me out coming into the league.

Q. How do you feel about the big rivalry between Washington, Dallas, the Giants, Philadelphia?
RYAN KERRIGAN: It's very cool. Especially coming from the Big Ten where it seems like every team is a rival in that league, too. I think that will be ‑‑ I'll be really excited for that and really looking forward to those rivalry games.

Q. How much are you looking forward to playing under Shanahan?
RYAN KERRIGAN: It's a true blessing. He's done some phenomenal things in his coaching career and to be able and learn and grow under him is going to be a great opportunity.

Q. How do you feel about playing with Albert?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I'm going to embrace all my teammates. I'm excited to meet them and get inside the building and know all of them and start playing some football.

Q. If there's one thing you have to work on going to the next level, what would that be?
RYAN KERRIGAN: Making the adjustment from a 4‑3 end to a 3‑4 outside linebacker. You see the game from a whole other perspective, in a two‑point stance, standing up, whereas in a four‑three defense, your hand is on the ground and you can only see so far. I think it's going to be a good transition and I'm looking forward to and I'm excited to be there.

Q. What did you study?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I'm a health ed major.

Q. What about the speed, does that concern you?
RYAN KERRIGAN: That's an adjustment I had to make coming from high school to college. There's an adjustment in the speed of the game and there will be going from college to the pros. It's one that I have to make and I'm going to make and I'm going to get better at it every day and I'm going to work to get better at it every day.

Q. How exciting is it for you to see that this is a Draft of a defensive line and how all of you can mature and possibly be Pro Bowlers in the future?
RYAN KERRIGAN: This was a great year for defensive ends, a lot with first‑potential and to be able to go 16 overall is really special. To go to an organization like the Redskins, I feel blessed and I'm truly grateful for this opportunity.

Q. What were your thoughts when they benched Donovan McNabb and the state of quarterbacks?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I can't really comment on that. I was obviously still playing college football then so I can't ‑‑ that's something between the coaches and the players, McNabb and the coaches there, so I can't really comment on that.

Q. Were you surprised on what was taking place there?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I can't really say. I don't know all of the details going on so I can't really say.

Q. Did you talk with Coach Shanahan today?
RYAN KERRIGAN: He's the one that called me and said, "Are you excited to be a Redskin"?
And I said, "Heck, yes, I am." And I really am. I'm excited.

Q. What's your impression of New York?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I've been here since Tuesday and it's different, from Indiana; you're never in a rush to get anywhere and so many more people. It's definitely a cool experience and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Q. Walking down the street, did anybody recognize you at all?
RYAN KERRIGAN: No, they didn't it. Was probably better that way.

Q. Are you going to have to gain some weight to stop the run and if so, is that going to slow you down?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I don't think so. I've been as much as 267 before and I felt great and I felt good running at the Combine, running at that, and so whatever the coaches ask me to do, lose weight, gain weight, I'll do it to the best of my ability.

Q. Speaking of the Combine, was there anything that you experienced that you were surprised that you could do or couldn't do?
RYAN KERRIGAN: I think I did better in the linebacker drills than most anticipated. I really worked on it a lot with my linebacker coach and with my Combine trainer, Dan Brandenburg. He really helped me get better at it. I honed in on my skills and drops and getting ready in the two‑point stance.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 11:51 a. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for RYAN KERRIGAN DE -WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery