NFL.com

JULIO JONES WR - ATLANTA FALCONS - Ingles

JULIO JONES

Q. How do you feel about playing in the Atlanta Falcons offense?
JULIO JONES: You know, I'm grateful for them trading up for me. Excited.

Q. We talked yesterday, it looked like you were excited to know that you were going to a team that was going to be throwing the ball and you want to catch the ball ‑‑
JULIO JONES: Doesn't matter for me. I can catch the ball one time. I don't have to catch the ball at all. Just want the W. I just want to help my teammates contribute to my team.

Q. I love the bow tie.
JULIO JONES: It started in college. My fans, they love my bow tie, so I don't want to disappoint them.

Q. Is it hard to learn?
JULIO JONES: You've got to put it around your leg first to start it off.

Q. You go to a team with tremendous offensive balance, and you have Michael Turner and Tony Gonzalez; do you think the curve is easier at the pro level?
JULIO JONES: I have great guys around me and they know how to win games. With success, you know, comes hard work and I know those guys have a great work ethic because they are winning and they have been successful. I'm just trying to go in there and learn from those guys, as well.

Q. How do you react when someone says, Julio, I have you on my fantasy football.
JULIO JONES: I don't care. I'm going to try to go out there and do the best for my team. I'm trying to get some guys some points.

Q. Inaudible.
JULIO JONES: No, sir, not at all. They came in short notice at the University of Alabama. That was it. You know, lost contact with them and my agent I guess was talking to them and everything but I got the call today that they was trading up to get me. I'm just very excited that they had that much trust to me to come into the organization and also get one of those picks so I don't want to disappoint them.

Q. Did you think you would be drafted sixth pick?
JULIO JONES: I don't know, I came here open, didn't matter where I went. Just because I didn't want to be one of those guys to be disappointed to go to a team that didn't want to go there. I want to give my all. I'm a guy that's willing to work. It didn't matter what team I went to.

Q. Inaudible.
JULIO JONES: Talked to him on the phone a little bit. Very excited about me coming to the organization.

Q. What do you feel are the challenges that you face against NFL defense to get back to the next level?
JULIO JONES: Everything, but you know, I'm just trying to contribute to my team. I have great guys around me. I guess I'll be getting a lot of man‑to‑man but they can't double ‑‑ so you have to pick your poison. I'm just going to go out there and try to win football games.

Q. Have they given you some advice, the professional receivers?
JULIO JONES: I haven't. Coming out of high school, the only advice I had was from Jerry Rice. I talked to him a little bit but it was just briefly. I haven't been talking to any receivers.

Q. One of your favorite players was Barry Sanders. Did you get a chance to meet him?
JULIO JONES: Yes, I did, before I came over here, I just met him and shook his hand. It was great just meeting him because growing up I was a running back and I used to watch him when I could. So it was great meeting him.

Q. Inaudible.
JULIO JONES: It's great. Because we play the game at the Georgia Dome, it was great there. The fans came and supported me and being that close to Tuscaloosa, those fans can now cross over to be Atlanta Falcons fans and keep supporting us and the Atlanta Falcons organization.

Q. Do you think how high you were taken says something about the value about blocking along wide receivers?
JULIO JONES: I think just because I'm not a selfish player, that's where that comes from. I'm a guy that's going to come in and work and impact the team. If they want me to catch the ball, I'll catch the ball. If they want me to block, I'll go and do that. Doesn't matter to me. I'm a team player and just what they was looking for.

Q. Is having an agent like the movie Jerry McGuire?
JULIO JONES: My agent, great agents, they have been there. If I needed anything, they took care of my family, everything. They are just friendly people. I love my decision.

Q. How exciting was it to be taken No. 6? Some mock drafts had you lower.
JULIO JONES: I didn't get into the mocks. People are entitled to their opinion. I didn't get into that. My motto is a time like you, they will get you. The Atlanta Falcons, they gave up picks and everything. So that says a lot about them and what they see in me.

Q. Will you still keep in touch with Coach Saban?
JULIO JONES: I invited him to the draft here with me. He's a great male figure in my life and going to the University of Alabama, he taught me how to be a better man, be accountable and that's what I'm trying to bring to the Atlanta Falcons as well.

Q. What do you study at the University of Alabama?
JULIO JONES: Consumer affairs.

Posted by Necesitamos Mas Football on 11:32 a. m.. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comentarios for JULIO JONES WR - ATLANTA FALCONS - Ingles

Publicar un comentario

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery